Saturday, September 16, 2006

My day so far......

At 4 am I suddenly awoke to total darkness. This is unusual because I sleep with the light on and the TV on. Then I heard sirens from the nearby fire station. Apparently a wreck that kept the electricity off for a large portion of my area ALL MORNING. Then I had to bang through the house trying to find a flashlight and candle. I lit the candle but then decided to blow it out because I was really sleepy and I could just see my nosy cat getting up there and catching his tail on fire and then running through the house spreading the flames.

So at 1115 am, FINALLY, as I am walking out the door, the lights come back on. So I run to the bath to check how the makeup applied without lighting is. Not too bad so I head out to get my hair cut. Well at least that went well if you do not count the bill. Color/cut 150 bucks. The girl actually "thinned" my hair some which is awesome because she left the length. I have a lot of hair.

So at 230 pm, I am talking to my Mom on the cell phone as I enter the apartment. "Oh s*%@". Oops "sorry Mom". There is a major flood going on in my living room. It appears to be dripping from the ceiling. I grap big pans to place under the flow and run up stairs to my neighbor who is totally oblivious to any water problem (a guy, of course). So I called the apt office and they came right away. Apparently when the electricity came back on something happened to his hot water heater and the wonders of gravity took control.

OMG at least I was not at work for 8 hours before I found it. So they called the carpet guy to get the water out of my carpet, but so far it is still dripping. I have fans going and he will come back tomorrow. One of my walls looks like a really bad home makeover job.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Now I am washing my clothes and the machine is making funny noises when the water is filling. It has never done this before. I can not imagine that it would have anything to do with the other water problem. The way that my day is going, it is probably a bad sign.

So I just flushed the toilet and it is making weird sounds as well. Great!!! Going to walk to the office.

OK, so apparently this is sort of normal. Even though it was not MY hot water heater, it still screws my water up temporarily. Who knows?

We'll see how the rest of the day goes....going to stay positive!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Could there be a lot of air in the pipes? Is your water city provided or pumped? When I was growing up, my parent's house, with its own well and septic system, would lose water when the power went out. Basically, the electricity that powered the pump was no more!!! Imagine, a family of 6 carrying buckets of water from either our pool or the creek, in order to force flush the toilet! Anyway, enough rambling! We would have those noises after the power went out (or when the well was unable to pump the water up).

tamara said...

You are right now that I think about it. It finally cleared up at least and nothing else happened.

pixie said...

Hope your day got better!!!