Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's a miracle!!!! I actually had a productive day!

Went to work early and got the first patient on the table. The docs got arterial access and everything was going well. Then I walked to the head of the table to check on the patient (I have to stay close to the end of the bed so that I won't be radiated and start losing my hair).

There was this very large, like 5 foot in diameter, puddle of fluid on the floor. It was yellow. Well... that was my first thought as well, but it was in the wrong place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(pixs from Google images: this is similar to our lab, the fluid was coming from the machine under the pt's head)

"Eileeeeeeeen! Come here for a moment" I say in my most casual voice trying not to alarm the patient. Within minutes, the whole gang plus half of the biomed department was in the room. That yellow liquid was like the transmission fluid of the entire camera/flouroscopy thingy. Big big OOPS. $150,000 big big OOPS! It picked this day to break. Can't be fixed til maybe Friday, probably next week. We are down to only 1 room with 8 nurses. Yahoo! time to take annual leave.

Also from Google images: This is what we see on the screen. These being the arteries on the left side of the heart. Note the narrowing of the artery highlighted in the white area (1st pix) then after we fix it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




By the way, Story of the day. Do 6 week old puppies have that many teeth? It must have taken him a long time. I don't think the parents were as close as they say. Who knows?

Made a trip to Drug Emporium to buy hair products.

After listening to Julianna talk about TJ Maxx, I decided to look at this place because it was next door. OMG I bought that stupid thigh exercise thing that she bought. She is a bad influence! Not too bad of a store, but I do not have the patience to look through clothes on those racks.

Next I toddled over to Sally's to buy the better quality and cheaper cotton squares to remove makeup (or to substitute for toilet paper in Jordan if necessary).

Then off to AAA because the most amazing thing is happening in May. First there will be a Critical Care Conference with like 7000 nurses attending. That is not too amazing because that means going to classes and learning new nursy stuff, which usually means kind of boring. But get this................ It is in ATLANTA. Never ever have I wanted to go to Atlanta, but now, NOW, there is a baby panda to go see! So......AAA provided me with a nice map so that I can find a hotel close to the conference and, most importantly, find the Zoo. If the VA will help pay for me to go I promise I will attend some classes! Promise!

Decided to take stuff to the house. Rio, the cat, was not pleased that I came home early interrupting the all important full day nap. I was met with 3 big yawns, a back scrunch (like a Halloween cat), leg stretches x all four legs and then I received the "back" that indicates I shall be ignored until some compensation is made for waking him up.

While the cat is munching on the compensation snack, I am checking out the panda cam. A lot of sleeping going on there. Trying to find a TV channel that does not have the LIVE news conference **************WARNING!!! Political content ahead! Republicans put your fingers in ears and go "la la la la la" ********************* of that guy that is impersonating the Pres. of our great States and will no doubt receive a Darwin award in the future if he has not already qualified for it.

Cleaned kitchen, washed clothes and dishes. Sent in form and money to get a new personalized license plate. 1st choice: DUSTBNY 2nd choice: SHVLBUM 3rd choice: DUSTBNI.

Panda is still sleeping. Wake UP!

Joined "Friends of the Zoo" here which will allow me to go to the zoo as often as I want and get into most of the zoo's around the country (including Atlanta!) for free or at least cheaper.

Went to get hair done. Took total of 3 1/2 hours. It took almost 2 hours just to foil all the hair. Almost decided to go with brown hair but chickened out at the last minute.

The days end finds me watching the Mythbusters blowing something up with a 1,000 lb bomb. Brilliant!!!

3 comments:

Katkoot said...

Wow! You did a lot! How do you like the thigh scrunchie??

pixie said...

I'm so jealous, I wanna see the panda!!!:) I use to love TJ Maxx but I'm so over trying to go thru those racks!!!

tamara said...

I can't wait. I will take lots of pictures, although she will not be as cute as she is now. AND I found out that the zoo is further away than I thought. Hmmm. I will have to plan for that!