Monday, December 18, 2006

New addition to my very small family. We will now equal 3.

This is the new kitty that I am hoping to adopt. He is really sweet. According to the shelter, he is deaf . He looked really scared and I took him into a room by himself and he was very jumpy. After a while he allowed me to pick him up and love on him. He purred and even meowed a time or two. He seems to feel vibrations well and can orient to them. He does not seem to respond to any voice stimuli, but it was hard to tell. Sometimes cats with only one blue eye will be deaf only on that side and hear out of the other ear. Time will tell. If he is deaf then I do not feel too bad about changing his name. I am not sure if Hollins is his real name or not. I will have to ask.

I am thinking of sponsoring this one. When I walked into the cat room, he ran up to me and literally jumped into my arms. I would have adopted this one, but I wanted to get one of the older cats because they are harder to adopt.

OR this kitty. I considered this one, but she is very very shy and not too friendly. I was worried she might not get along with the cat I have now.

So my friends, you have to help me with an appropriate name. I don't go for the old standard names such as snowball etc.

Please give me some suggestions. Please Please. I would appreciate it.

Some names that I came up with.............not sure.................

Blizzard
Spirit
Selim (peace in Turkish)
Asilah (pure)
Amal (pure Hindi/Arabic)
Azure (for blue eye)
Hadrian (who was supposedly deaf or very hard of hearing)
Rafiel (original Hebrew meaning God has healed)
Gabriel
Wynn (Welsh for fair or white)
Finnegan (Irish for white/fair one)
Blitzen
Caldwell (Old English for cold)
Dillion (Irish for lion)
Aspen
Alexander
Nevada (snowy)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamara,
I vote for Rafiel/Raphael.
Scott

Anonymous said...

So far: Hadrien or Finnegan. I'll have to think though.

tamara said...

Decisions!!! I don't know. Currently the 2 cats are staring at each other. My cat is really trying to be friends but new cat is still scared.

Anonymous said...

Show us the kitty!!!

tamara said...

Well, that might take a while. Kitty is quite unsociable at the moment. He is currently residing under the bed in the guest room and attempts to coax him out are not working too well. I am just keeping the door shut and allowing him to get comfortable in that room. He is using the liter box and drinking some water. I don't think he is eating much.

I want to take some pictures but I would have to use the flash and I don't think that would go over too well.

Susan said...

Little tuxedo called Miller tugs on my heartstrings...

tamara said...

oh yes, miller. I still think about going and getting him too.