So I should be asleep now, but no.....not happening. When I was only a 1-cat person, I could sleep. The cat would sleep when I slept. Well, no more of that. At MN I was finishing a computer game, had my bedside noise maker thingy on (thunderstorm), it was raining outside--perfect for sleeping!
Being a 2-cat person, I completely forgot that MN means it is time to get up and PLAY or fight or whatever it is they do. Currently, Rio is on one side of the bedskirt and Raphael is on the other side under the bed. Both are making surprise attacks through the bedskirts. Since the bed is low, every movement is like having one of those coin-operated vibrating beds with the added bonus of hissing, growling and the occasional spitting noise (from Raphael, Rio is just having fun). However, instead of running and hiding, Raphael is staying put. This makes me think that he is enjoying this as well, even though he makes all kinds of pissed off cat noises. To be honest, the amt of noise has decreased dramatically since his introduction into the household.
I have tried to get photos or videos of the cats playing, but everytime I do. The playing ceases and they look at me like "what is your problem? Why are you looking at us? We aren't doing anything!" Then they lay there and have a stare-off with each other until I leave. So all I have to offer is this video.
I have a plan.
Frequently, Raphael jumps out at Rio and chases him down the hall and into the living room. Like an old Tom and Jerry cartoon, they reverse and here comes Rio chasing Raphael back.
Ha! Plan worked although one of the cats may have a concussion. In mid chase, I jumped up and shut the bedroom door. Both cats are out! But one the chase back someone did not stop in time and ran into the door. OOPS! Sorry guys. I hear them both and they are still running. They will live and maybe I can sleep. Maybe......
No comments:
Post a Comment