Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No good news today

A 6.8 earthquake occurred off the coast of Guatemala. A place I dearly love and have visited several times. I have many friends in Guatemala City. The earthquake was centered 70 miles away. Guatemala is very mountainous in the southern portion and many poor people live in tin cities that just stack one on another all the way up and down unstable hills. A big flood of water or an earthquake could easily destroy hundreds of "homes" and kill many people. I know my friends are probably safe because of where they live, but many of the poorer people will be at risk.

Image Hosted by <span class=

Architecture of Antiqua, Guatemala (one of the oldest cities in Central America, many of the old churches have already been destroyed by earthquakes in the past)
Image Hosted by <span class=

(with one of the 19 active volcanos in background)
Image Hosted by <span class=

The wonderful Guatemalan people
Image Hosted by <span class=

Image Hosted by <span class=

Image Hosted by <span class=


Image Hosted by <span class=


NORTON DIED


BAD NEWS IN MEMPHIS

I am very sad about this. Poor YaYa. I know that she probably does not know, but I know that the panda staff has been doing so much to prepare and get ready for the possible birth. I'm sure that they are so disappointed.

WOMAN DIES IN HOSPITAL ER FLOOR AFTER NO ONE HELPS HER.

OH MY GOD! This is the most horrible thing. This hospital should be shut down. They have many violations apparently. The family and another bystander actually called 911 from the ER to get help.

One of the things that we say at work is "It will take someone to die for anyone to take our complaints seriously" regarding nursing shortage, lack of supplies, difficulty getting medications, etc......Money is always the main issue, until someone dies, then they do something!!!!!

You know, I have been a nurse 18 years. My opinion: There are a lot of good nurses in this country, but there are twice as many bad nurses. The good nurses are burned out and overworked while the bad nurses just don't care. That is a sad fact at ANY healthcare facility.

No comments: