Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Star light, star bright, first star I see.........

My friend Scott and I found these at the store at work. You buy the little stuffed animal (on sale of course) and they come with instructions so that you can register a star name. So, like, if you wanted to name a star after someone (or yourself) you could do it.

It really does register with the National Star Registry. Of course it is really for kids, but I found it completely awesome!

This was what I bought.


These are stuffed animals available (yes, I saw the panda but it was very ugly in person)


Here are the directions


So first you decide on the location. There are about 12 constellations available, then you decide on a name for your star. I chose "Tahat" for my very good Tahat friends in Jordan. Then you give your stuffed animal a name, I chose "dustbunny". Then you have to give your animal 5 characteristics out of about 15 that you can choose from.

Then you get to see where your star is. It gives the official coordinates:






Closer look:





Then you get to play on the website and dress your stuffed animal up in clothes and glasses and accessories such as a cell phone or Ipod. Well of course I really did not do that to my stuffed animal. Ahem... well i did put a pink flower in her hair............. and a pink shirt........ and skirt and possibly.....a cell phone. Oh yea and there were some pink flipflops too!

Also I got this in the mail today. I just had to order it. The new Amr Diab CD!!!


5 comments:

Susan said...

Where did you buy it from, Tam? I'm not seeing it on amazon yet.

tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tamara said...

I found this site for you

http://www.learningexpress.com

go to toys and then search for....shining star

I bought mine at work (VA hospital store). I have not seen them elsewhere. I paid 10.00 on sale

pixie said...

That is very cool!!! My niece would love that!

Susan said...

Thanks, Tam! My sister works in a VA hospital in Minneapolis. She's going to check for me.