OK, who let this freak in our country!!!
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
I think that I feel comfortable enough giving this guy the Jack Ass of the Week Award.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
I think that I feel comfortable enough giving this guy the Jack Ass of the Week Award.

Although I am thinking (as is usually the case), there is enough to share wealth with others, our Jack Ass award goes to the Iranian President. With close runnerups being: anybody that allowed him into the country.
So why is this guy in the US? Oh that United Nations thing! That is a good enough excuse to disband the worthless little group! Or maybe move it to Switzerland...
But now all this uproar about him speaking here or there, or going to Ground Zero....
If you let the guy in the country, he has the right to speak where he wants to..........I can't help it if people will actually go listen to him. (OJ Simpson's new book is a best seller. HELLO!) He has a right to go anywhere any other tourist can go.....like Ground Zero area .... No matter how disgusting or irreverent we may find it, it is a free country. Isn't that freedom-thing what all this war is about!?
Even though, especially when....he is probably only doing it to piss the US people off.... To taunt, to give the US a great big rasberry!! Everyone knows his motive for going to Ground Zero.
His remark, when asked about harsh treatment of women and homosexuals in Iran?????
"We do not have homosexuals in Iran". Well....Hmmmm.... OK, that did not answer the question! I think what he means is that since there are no homosexuals to harass ....not to worry!!!!.....we still have the women!
For heaven's sake, the man denies the Holocast even occurred!
I will say for this Iranian president, he is not stupid and he has played the media for all it's worth. And so has Columbia University for that matter. He needs to move on back to his country and sit around and worry if Pres. Bush is going to attack him. Surely Bush can finds some extra troops somewhere. ...
4 comments:
I watched him on 60 minutes last night...he certainly wasn't convincing or charasmatic. It was near impossible to get him to answer questions w/ a direct yes or a no. I do think, however, that it was good that he did come and speak at Columbia. I'm not really interested in the spread of democracy as America's cross to bare, but I do think it was important for him to feel the heat of what happens when students are given the chance to ask questions w/o censorship. If he wasn't so shady, I would say that opportunities that promote dialogue between differing nations is never a bad thing-even if we don't hear what we want to hear.
I thought it was a bit weird that we would let in the country but freak out about him wanting to go to ground zero. I love the how the U.S. has it's priorities straight.
Agreed, Pixie. Iran had nothing to do w/ 9/11...no one stopped the Saudi royal family and diplomats from entering the US or paying their respects at ground zero. We've got this strange disconnect...thanks to the neocons running this country and their bogus propoganda.
OMG I am missing a whole discussion here! Cairogal, I was surprised at the tough questions that he received at Columbia. However, apparently the president of the university gave him a bit of a dressing down before his speech.
This was the same person (I guess) that invited him. Now the world press is saying how "unfair" "rude" etc the Americans were.
Unfortunately, the US (and not without complete reason) always comes out looking bad to the rest of the world and Pres. A. sure took advantage of it.
Well it is a bit rude to invite someone, then insult them. Not that I care about insulting him, but you know what I mean.
I had totally forgotten about the Saudi family coming to visit. You are so right! We rolled out the red carpet all the way down to Ground Zero for them!!!
Pixie I agree, I think that all the freaking out the media etc did just gave the guy more media attention.
I was watching a program that talked about the protesting outside of UN/Columbia. The decided LACK of certain protesters was mentioned, including womens' rights, gay/lesbian rights, etc. I am not sure if this was because they did not care or they did not want to bring more attention to him.
Post a Comment