Thursday, December 13, 2007
Studying for the GRE
"If Jill buys 3 apples and Jack buys 3 bags of cat food, how many hours does it take an non English speaking immigrant to get from Chicago to Dallas?'
Pretty sure that one will be on the test.
Since I have not taken a math class in a good 20 years, I have no idea how to multiple (add/subtract etc) fractions. Actually I'm not sure what fractions are actually good for anyway. I have never taken any geometry or the like. So I think I am in trouble.
So.... I gave up trying to learn this stuff for the test, even though I did give it a good day and 1/2 of hard study. No sense in forgetting everything before the test! It will be a true test of my guessing abilities.
INSTEAD I found the most awesome video that you must watch.........
Go to: http://www.sandiegozoo.org/videos/index.html
click on "streaming video", then dec. 13th video.
It is best to click on "launch external video"
And thanks to Dena for this little science lesson. This is the stuff they should be testing!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment