Saturday, June 20, 2009

My former life

I was going through some stuff at my house (because I am a pack rat), and I found some pretty awesome stuff. Like this


OK I never figured out who left that on my car while I lived in Searcy during those college years, but it was the best note EVER!

And this I got in my Harding mail, who sent this????I have no idea, but it is great.



Great letters like these two:


I know you can't read this but all you need is the first sentence of this letter:

"This is a Assome! letter".

I never said all my friends were literate.




And the best of all, I found this list that I made while in college. This list was a comprehensive list of rules for life (since I had so much life experience at the time!). Here are the 10 original rules that I have also commented on.

RULE 1
Never answer the phone after you do something bad, because it WILL be your mother.


(good rule, still use it)

RULE 2
Education is the key...More schoolin' = more moola!

(Did I really use the word "Moola", I'm not even sure how to spell it. Overall, good rule)

RULE 3
Question everyone (especially that guy in the pulpit and your instructors). Never take someone else's word for it. They may have motives you do not know about.

(I got into a lot of trouble for this rule, but it was worth it. Good rule!)

RULE 4
Bill Cosby is the only person in world that knows everthing.

(Anybody that describes giving birth as "a wet St. Bernard trying to get through a cat door" has my vote. I still watch reruns)

RULE 5
You must own a Lincoln Towncar by the age of 40.

(I remember making this rule. It was very important at the time. This rule got scrapped about age 35. I inserted "hummer" for "lincoln towncar". Still did not accomplish this goal)

RULE 6
Never trust anyone but yourself, and on occasion, your mother

(Very good rule of which I will discuss more later)

RULE 7
American guys are boring, there better be some foreign blood in there somewhere if you want cute children!

(Obviously a rule I have followed all my life as much as much as possible, well, minus the kid thing)

RULE 8
If guys are looking at your shoes, you've already lost the battle! And who cares what girls think about your shoes anyway.

(Excellent rule that allows you to shop at Payless)

RULE 9
Never underestimate the lure of a cool car in attracting guys.

(Such a simple but effective rule; 1965 royal blue Ford mustang, need I say more!)

RULE 10
Always protect animals that are endangered, especially penguins.

(Yes, penguins, I was a penguin fanatic. I'm not really sure if they were actually endangered. Have since switched to pandas but a fabulous rule that should also include gorillas, artic foxes and snow leopards too)

Wow, I was pretty insightful for a 20 something person with absolutely NO life experience.




Through the years, these rules hung around in my life. I added Rules 11 and 12 back in 90's

RULE 11
Don't have kids. Too painful in every way.

Rule 12

No good deed goes unpunished

And so far...the final rule



Rule 13

Do not shave ANY part of your body before going into the Dead Sea. You will regret it.

(Don't ask!)






2 comments:

pixie said...

Hahaha..I love the rules:)

tamara said...

I thought I would die laughing when I found them with all that other stuff.