
Let's face it, following rules is not my kind of thing. I hate them. They suck. Of course they are necessary, but for other people, stupid people. But yet I should have followed my own rules set personally by ME, not the police, or my parents or my university etc. I screwed up and got totally f.... screwed.
I have found that friendships really suck. Or maybe I should just clarify by saying perceived friendships really suck. That would imply that those perceiving the friendship in the first place are the one that are ultimately at fault when something happens.
And that is probably correct, but it does not make the pain any less to know that one was wrong in their assessment of friends. It pretty much just makes you feel like an idiot for being so stupid and naive and makes you wonder why you did not follow the rule of "Trust only yourself" like you promised you would do a long time ago.
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. It takes your enemy and your friend, working together,to hurt you to the heart; the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you.
Mark Twain
Maybe I should change the rule about Bill Cosby knowing everything there is to know about life. We will now include old Mark Twain in with Bill.
But then something happens, like someone you haven't seen in a zillion years contacts you. And your totally stunned but very happy to see friends. And you know that those were friendships that lasted over 20 something years. The kind where you don't see each other for long periods of time but can pick up right where you left off (Thanks Alisa). The ones where you can laugh at all the stupid stuff you did all over again. These were the friendships that shaped your life, for better or for worse, but mostly for the better. Even though I am finding out some things that I didn't know back then (Ahem, Kelly) and wonder how I could have possibly made it through life in one piece because I am perpetually and chronically stupid especially if there a dark handsome guy involved.
When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy--that it is builded upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.
Mark Twain
So last week was very hard for me. I cried alot, mostly because I was so stupid, but also because it was very painful. But now, I am still sad, but all I have to do is look on my Facebook page and see that I did not always have such bad judgment. I had and still have some of the best friends in the world.

And if all fails, then listen to the Fruitcake Lady----"and get yourself a good dog"

You know I just need to include her in with Bill and Twain. Revising Rule #4 once again.
I just need to get over it and move on along and find another job when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment