Saturday, July 03, 2010

My day

5:30 am
The view after climbing up the hill to Area AA



Sunrise



Then I get to climb down in the big hole with limited view. We start the climb right up there and then very carefully go down poorly made set of "steps"



Christine and I have this little square. You can see the "steps" to the left.
We tend to have lots of stuff dropped on us when the workers are carrying buckets of dirt up. So far nothing too big.



Christine from Indiana, who is currently going to school at JBU in Siloam Springs.




We have lots of rock. LOTS OF ROCKS! So we have been mostly shoveling dirt and rocks. We are finding Early Bronze (3000 BC) and Middle Bronze (2000ish BC) stuff like pottery and lithics (such as tools made from chert rock).



At 1000
The view when we come out of the big hole for breakfast of hardboiled egg, cucumber, tomato, pita bread and some fruit

This is across on the next hill from our breakfast bar



This is area G down the hill to the left of us. They have Roman/Byzantine stuff



Area E is in Gehenam basically. At the bottom of the hill below G. No wind and very hot. And Dr. Bob works them very hard. I don't have pictures of there yet.

Yesterday, Area G attacked the lower Area E with tomatos. Retaliation is imminent I am told.

At 1215
The view from out of the big hole



Our limo down the hill to the housing

No comments: