Things are starting to wind down. We have gotten all the tools and stuff sorted and will move them to the storage building tomorrow. We have been shopping some too. Going to watch the US/Italy game tonight at 10pm.
We leave for Amman on Monday pm about 930. We leave Tuesday at 0300 or so. I have started to pack all the gifts first. Then if I have room, the other stuff. I will be leaving alot of my work shirts. The cleaners made them look like new and I will never wear them.
It has been hot in the day, but the last few nights were really cold. We went to Dr. Najjar's home for dinner. He is some big guy in anthropology. We had manseff (???). It is a traditional dinner. It is a large (like the size of a small table) platter of rice and lamb. You pour this yogurt stuff over it and then take your hands and grab the rice and meat and make it into a ball and eat it. Tends to get a little messy. Since I did not have the yogurt, I got to put some on my plate and eat. The men also stand the whole time to eat this. It does taste pretty good.
I have no pictures of this dinner, but Muwafag (pronounced more like Mawfak) took us to a really fancy place in Irbid where we all had to dress up. So I will show those pictures because we actually look CLEAN!
Today Suzanne cooked Mexican food! That was nice. We are about tired of pita bread. I am just walking around the town today, everyone else is asleep at home.
See you soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment