On Tuesday and Wed. I got to excavate a tomb that had already been robbed of goodies, however, we did find a lot of bone fragments (really small), 3 incisors and 1 premolar. Also a skull fragment.Oh yes and also a poisonous snake,..
It was just a baby. Pretty metallic rainbow color. The workers killed it.
After finishing with that tomb, I got my own tomb to work on. It was very overgrown and there was no hole there.

The workers cleared it and we found rock and then we dug until we found the tomb passageway leading into the chamber.
Tomb 4

Have already found partial intact long bone, we are leaving it in situ until we can map it tomorrow.
My first bone...Ever!!!

It has been very hot, no breeze today. I got a little sunburned. I enjoy watching the Bedouin women and children herd the sheep/goats around on the side of the hill. There are lots of little babies too. This one lady yells at them alot and if they do not do what she wants she chunks rocks at them. They usually respond to that.
Shepardess at the bottom center of the picture

The views are gorgeous. Getting to know the workers a little, they do not speak much English so we are learning some names of tools and stuff. Bucket = goofa.
Friday we are going to Jerash. Supposedly they have some crafts for sale. Going to check that out. They have an incredible travel shop with great clothes fit for Islamic women that I want to try out. I had to go to the pharmacy today to get more Advil. It has been very hard work so far. At the new tomb site, I have to climb way up and way down to get anywhere. I am having no trouble getting some cardio. My muscles should adjust to the pix axe and shovel too.
At this time Jordan has some beautiful flowers/weeds? but they will soon disappear. The last rain was first of May.

Going to eat and pick up laundry. The laundry does all but undies (have to do those yourself).
No comments:
Post a Comment