So I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to shop. Probably not a good idea. I bought this cool body pillow with a micro-suede pillowcase and some stuff for the bath and some stuff for the kitchen etc, etc.
I have been thinking about death lately. Not anyone's in particular. Just death in general. We had a patient that clinically died numerous times. We had to shock him with electricity and his heart would start working, then it would go back to the lethal rhythm and he would lose his pulse. We did this for a long time. Back and forth. Alive, dead, alive....The guy actually lived. I just wonder how that felt to him. Did he feel us shocking him? Did he see the "light" each time? Not that I am going to go ask him or anything! Does modern medicine actually prolong life or does it sometimes just prolong death? My philisophical question of the day (actually....year. I am very rarely philisophical, thank God).
I have always had this weird thing about death. I even remember thinking about it when I was little. I would always be very nervous the day before we left on a trip because I thought we might have a car crash and die. Now, I will be driving home from where ever and think, "hmm, I hope I don't get killed in a wreck on the way home...my cat would be really pissed".
Speaking of death, I just got this completely useless book, except that it is cool. It is called "1000 places to visit before you die" I have not looked at it all, but I am well on my way. About 975 left!!! Not bad since most of my travels have been within the last 10 years.
Phone bill $300 this month. Crap.
Funny conversation with an Arab. I was trying to tell M. what medicine to buy at the pharmacy for a headache. He was taking Benadryl!? We finally established that he could not take Ibuprophen due to side effects. So I was going for acetaminophen (Tylenol). So I told him I would text the word to him so he could just show the pharmacist. OK. I started and realized I had no idea how to spell it. A nurse that can't spell this should be barred from nursing. I am such an idiot. I so looked it up in the dictionary prior to writing this. I think he got the right stuff or something similar, whatever... it worked. Julianna says that she had a hard time getting Tylenol while she was there, so I have no idea what they actually gave him.
I really want to take a long hot bath right now, but it is storming and my parents totally told me never to take a bath during a storm because the house may be hit by lightning and then conduct through the house, through the pipes and into the bath tub water....and I might die!
3 comments:
I thought I was the only one with the morbid crash and die vacation thoughts. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Seriously. I have often wondered if I needed some type of counseling for this. Good to know I am not the only one with these thoughts!!
Haha! You totally know I am always thinking death thoughts, and i did it when i was young too.
Post a Comment