So I think that I might do this CURVES gym thing. I am going by to check it out. I am one of those people that has no motivation to exercise, none at all. Previously I have paid to have a trainer kick my butt for 1 hour twice a week. You had to have an appt and therefore, felt compelled to actually show up. Unfortunately it costs about $500 for 20 one hour sessions. So basically that is now out since I have to pay the phone bill and for plane tickets to Jordan. I have this gym at my apt. which is pretty good, but I have been only 5 times in the 3 years I have been here. So that is not a reliable substitute. I could also do this stuff at home with free weights but I spend much more time sitting and looking at the weights than actually picking them up. Anyway, at CURVES they actually measure you and weigh you every month! There is some motivation!! And it is considerably cheaper and it is close to my house.
I have been trying to find some exercises to do while working (standing around) in the cath lab (without looking to ridiculous). I do calf raises, side raises, standing leg stretches. I would do lunges but the doctors would probably look at me funny. Any ideas of other things? In ICU we wore those pedometers and I would walk 9,000 - 12,000 steps/12 hour period. I think now it is more like 1000 steps. I will probably get a blood clot being so still. Not to mention FAT!!! Drug reps are always bringing "finger foods" such as pizza, donuts, chinese food, indian food (don't ask how that is finger foods because I don't know).
2 of our doctors are going to Italy at the end of next month. Can I just say "I hate you both!"
Rome is like the most awesome city ever! Even though it is extremely expensive and you are very likely to be run over by a crazy driver because no one stops for anything. Red lights? who cares, keep driving. Tourists? Don't worry, plenty more available. The only thing I have seen them stop for is nuns. Gayle and I followed a group of nuns just to get through part of the city without getting smushed.
My favorite Rome pictures to remember how cool it was.
Actually this is Florence but it is the BEST! Quite the shocker when I looked up and saw this view! Hello! Has something to do with mortal combat....



4 comments:
Haha! ball-shot. Anyway.
Ab tightening! You should just tighten and release your abs slowly to the count of ten.
Also? kegel exercises! (ha! i am sucking now as you throw that lead vest at me...)
OMG! HAHAHAHA! I wrote sucking? But I meant DUCKING.
Awesome pics.
Thanks. I love to take pictures anywhere I am.
Julianna.....you need serious help!
Did you get a computer program so you can type in Arabic?
Post a Comment