Sunday, November 19, 2006

Anthropology 101

For those of you in the Bible Belt that do not know what a Bonobo (Pan paniscus) is...... don't feel bad, I did not know until I took my first anthro class. Never heard of it!




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The Bonobo is a primate that is extremely human-like, even more than a chimpanzee. They are also almost completely nonviolent, female-dominated and they use sex for everything from greetings to conflict resolution. They can walk upright similar to us and they are really smart and obviously learn fast ............................
Check this story out from CNN! Go girl!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




5 comments:

Rain said...

Ok, I know you like pandas... check out todays (11/22) news. They are showing pandas "porn" to encourage them in breeding. LOL

tamara said...

I saw that! Apparently it is working. That is just weird!

pixie said...

Hmm...never heard of a bonobo. Love the new look and happy Thanksgiving!!

tamara said...

Thanks. I hope that you had a good Thanksgiving as well.

Katkoot said...

Everytime i look at it, it still looks like an australopithacus!