Saturday, November 25, 2006

My day on call went like this........

So I was on call this weekend and could not really go anywhere to far away. But....the weather was really perfect and I did not want to stay in. So I went to the zoo which is right next to my work. Why?

Because of this............................................................. a new baby!!!!!





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The new baby at the LR zoo. Last weekend they had a baby shower for him. The poor thing still has no name. He pretty much just holds on for dear life as his mom moves about the enclosure.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Sekani looks like a good Mom. All reports are that she is doing a good job with the maternal thing.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Although babies are babies and we do get very tired!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This is Mom (Sekani) with baby and Dad (Fossey). Another female gorilla (Catherine) is Sekani's troupe mate.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Look at the little ear!!!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Lemur with tongue sticking out

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




I actually heard this lady in her 50's say, "Oh look dear, it is a bald-headed eagle"
What!!!! I totally wanted to slap her. She was insulting our national bird, she should at least know the right name!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Deep in thought.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pretty color

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting







6 comments:

pixie said...

Love the pic you took of the eagle!!!

tamara said...

thanks, it turned out better than I thought.

Katkoot said...

Flamingos!

Susan said...

Soooo cute! Tamara, have you ever done some nature tourism? Maybe a safari?

tamara said...

I would love a safari. Anything with big cats!

tamara said...

Pat! Where have you been? I would have loved to go to the baby shower. There was a list on the zoo web that gave gift ideas. The baby was registered at Walmart!!!!