Saturday, November 04, 2006


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos




So I went to the infamous? Pizza Parma. You may remember me talking of this place last time. If you are a germ a phobic person. Stay away. Not exactly health department standards but the pizzz is great. I had the standard "pizza margarita, extra cheese with beef". Yummy stuff.

There is a guy that is folding pizza To Go boxes. He is folding and then throwing them in the floor. I love it. Then he has to go back and staple them all. That sucks.

OMG Faris just walked into the pizza place. He says hello to Julianna. He is sooo funny.

I have moved on to the coffee internet cafe place. I am working on the video thing. Maybe??? I have it.

10 comments:

gretchen said...

Pizza Parma ROCKS!!!!! I was totally just thinking of the mushroom on the floor incident the other day!

Say hello to Faris and Mawfaq for me if you see them again!

Barb Ess said...

Masha'Allah, as they say, totally great apartment. You should be able to find shower curtains at C-Town (I think, maybe Safeway -- and if not in Irbid, definitely in Amman), although sadly they will be atrocious in coloring. Still: a shower curtain is a shower curtain when you come right down to it. I'd give you our old one but I'm not sure, exactly, how that'd work out...or even if it's still up...it's been two years and the family manse has been taken over by one of my BILs and his very-village wife (she's very sweet, and I love her to death, but yeah. The village remains fairly traditional), so by now that curtain has probably suffered a fate of being mauled on weekly wash-days and perhaps used to dry burghul and freshly washed raw wool (see? When I said village, I meant village).

And now I am so homesick for Jordan. Mumble grumble. ;) Between your videos and Julianna's pictures, I simply will not survive until we are able to make a return trip, ourselves (my husband's Jordanian, went to Yarmouk University in the early '90s, and is from a small village that's near to that archaeological dig where you guys dug up all those bones).

Katkoot said...

Gretchen! What's up biatch? Where have you been? NOT ON MY BLOG!!!!

I soooo love the random gold spraypaint! See that furniture?!?!?! That is what my husband loves! See my house??? So not what he loves! ahhahahahahaha! Worst fashion clash ever.

I am so glad that you got to see Faris! and that you ran into him is totally awesome.

Yay pizza Parma! Yum! I so have to get Ammar to take me there again when I go.

I need more video! I HAVE to see the rest of the apartment! And the balcony!

Katkoot said...

OMG, wait. Out from the video still it looks like a vacant lot? Is that the vacant lot where Ammar and I made out? Is that like by a circle where the roads T into eachother? Or is that the vacant lot that was across from my other apartment in September? Shit! there are like only 3 vacant lots in that area so it has to be one of them... I KNOW that is NOT the vacant lot where we totally made out then got CAUGHT BY ANOTHER MAN and had to throw my underwear somewhere.. where did it go? NO IDEA. How did he get it off? NO IDEA. Anyway, point being THAT vacant lot was the one we drove by every time we were detoured back from the site and had to drive through that neighborhood. Ha. I'll ask Ammar if that is the vacant lot by our favorite place.

Katkoot said...

Ammar has to give 2 exams today. He said he has to be in the college at 9am. I can't for the life of me remember when his classes are? I think one is 12.30-2? Crap! I can't remember. I think one falls during the 10am range somehow.

tamara said...

Hey Gretchen...will do. By the way, they finished the bridge outside the south gate...no one uses it! AND they now have a cross walk over the road near Pizza parma so that you don't get run over. However, you have to climb a bunch of stairs and it is easier to risk getting run over by a taxi!

b. ....I am so glad to hear from anyone that is familiar with Jordan. It is a great place. I thought I could wing it without a shower curtain, but... I think I will get one today. I also bought a hairdryer when I arrived. The plug will only fit one outlet in the apartment, and that is in the kitchen! i have to unplug the frig. It is really funny. I love this place! At least it did not blow a fuse. One time in Guatemala, our hair dryer blew the fuse to the whole first floor of the hotel!

OK julianna I will get you more video just for you. There is not much more. A pointed to another building nearby and said that you guys stayed in that "high place". The apartment is (if coming from south gate) to the right slightly and back from the main road. The dig site would be to the left. A was in the office when I read your comment. I said "Julianna is asking if this place is close to a vacant lot, something about underwear being thrown out of the car. What is she talking about? " hahahaHAHa. So funny... no reply!

Katkoot said...

Awwww! he won't tell you and you weren't supposed to ask that! I said I'd ask :) And it is. It's right by our place. On the same street! I remember that mosque. They were building on it before. Did they stop now?

Katkoot said...

PS-- Please ask Ammar to show you where Faris' office is but DON"T Say that I asked you to ask. He is feeling worthless, poor guy.

Anonymous said...

Tamara,
Glad you made it safe. We miss you already, only Eileen and Phil came to work today. Oh well all the techs came in. I'll be watching your site and telling the others.
Scott

tamara said...

What's up Scott? Is everyone sick? Tell everyone hi.