No matter how you felt about Cindy Sheehan, the peace activist whose son was killed in Iraq, this statement she made is very very true.
"I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful," she wrote. "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives."
full story on CNN
Sometimes it is easy to forget. The war is many miles away. It is something we just read about or hear about on the evening news. We get so wrapped up in our own daily lives that we forget.....forget about those being killed both military and civilian. It is easy to put it out of our minds since it is so far away. I am equally guilty. Please check the scrolling numbers that I have at the bottom of the page and pray for innocent lives lost.
2 comments:
It's tragic. I don't feel very optimistic today.
I agree. I was hoping that the new regime in Congress would try to change things but it does not look like there will be any changes made.
Post a Comment