Thursday, June 28, 2007

OMG I am surrounded by perfectly quaffed, ear-piece wearing, suit doning dorks!

Let me mention the fact that my plane has been delayed for "maintenance issues". What type of issue is unknown. It could vary from the wing falling off to the toilet overflowing. No one is saying!

Anyway, here I sit with these salesmen/representative dorks. All talking on the phone. Especially popular is the earphone that makes them look like they are talking to themselves and double dorkola! However, they are talking loudly so that the person on the other end of the phone can hear. OK we all hear jackass! Stop trying to sell something to people that they don't want. I am beginning to think that the telemarketing business is actually based out of this airport. I am afraid that someone is going to come up to me and try to sell me insurance!

I keep trying to get away from them and have succeeded for the moment. Actually someone talking to the person next to them in the quiet "inside" voice.

So we just heard that the folks that fix maintenance issues are not located at this airport. Hmmmm.... an airport full of planes.........no maintenance. Makes sense.......to someone!

They are on the way. Not sure from where. I finally looked at my schedule and I don't leave Chicago til 11pm so I have some time to spare.

They have already cancelled 2 flights to Dallas, must be something going on with the weather down there.


From Cheezburger: My flight (not landing)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Susan said...

YOu're going to Erbid again, Tamara? My friend is going to be teaching at a uni there come September..."JUST" (JOrdan University of SCienece and TEch" or something like that). Do you know it? She's going w/ a programme at Georgetown UNiversity.

tamara said...

Yes, Cairogal, that is where I am headed. I think that the university your friend will teach out is slightly outside town and is small (like really small).
But how exciting for her!

Hey Julianna---where is this university for sure?