The candidates faces were all over..........all over everything!..........bus stops were a big venue as were street signs. Hello, street signs!!!
The candidates use photos of themselves instead of the US-way of just slogans in red/white/blue. At one bus stop, there were about 50 pictures of one candidate (the same picture, I might add), just lining every inch possible.
I noted that most of the photos have the candidate smiling just slightly but not showing any teeth. Only one guy I saw was showing teeth and he had very nice white teeth.
Anyway, the election was today and I found an interesting story regarding an election in Western Irbid. Remind you of any other country?
A big plus for candidates=====a big enough family!
While I was in Jordan, the NEW 7 Wonders of the World were announced. All Jordanians were excited that Petra was on the list. Of course, anyone that has ever been to Petra would have to agree! For those of us that did not bother to pay attention to the other 6 winners..............here is a photo gallery from National Geographic. It also has the old 7 wonders as well.
ALSO............
completely awesome story
No comments:
Post a Comment