Had an exciting trip to Ajlun. The guard at the Yarmouk gate got me a taxi and I was off to the bus station. Public transportation means.... see how many people you can fit on a little mini van. It was great. I went to the back seat that spanned the whole back. Seats 4. Eventually it seated 6 plus a little kid. Luckily I was by the window. As we made a few stops, people got off so it was not so bad. A girl next to me made sure i got off at the right place and helped me with how much to pay the driver.
It is amazing how far you can get when no one speaks English!
As soon as I got out, I saw a group of men and ask them where the castle was. They said 2 km "there" ...UPHILL. I said "maybe I need a taxi" and they signalled a driver for me. So up the hill we went....very quickly! Got in FREE with my Yarmouk ID card.
Ajlun is a beautiful castle. Enjoyed it. Afterward I headed over to the gift shop and met this nice guy who said he was "Roman Catholic". I wondered why he was selling rosary beads. So of course I bought some. Then asked if he knew how to get a taxi. He got on his cell phone and said "5 minutes".
Well he did not call a taxi, but he called his friend who said he would take me to Irbid for 8 JD. A taxi is 20 JD. What the hell!
When I got in he handed me his rosary beads. Worried me a little as to why I might need those. Actually he drove safely and got me to the South Gate of Yarmouk a lot quicker and less crowded than the bus. I gave him 10 JD for his trouble since he only tried to hit on me once. I told him I was married and he stopped. His name was Layith. He gave me his number too.
Speaking of "too". I just passed this internet shop and it is called "212 cafe" underneath it has it written out "tow one tow". That is so funny. Just like the spell "salon" as "saloon". Got to get pictures.
Part of castle and moat (never had water)

Other pictures can be seen under "Tamara's pictures" on left column.
Other pictures can be seen under "Tamara's pictures" on left column.
From Cheezburger:

At the internet shop: TV is showing the ever popular "Style TV: Arabia" with models walking the runways. That's all it is.
On radio: "Unbreak My Heart"
No comments:
Post a Comment