Monday, August 06, 2007

Evil, evil hair............


Hair before..............................
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Expectation of things to come from Cheezburger.......
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



After.................the light part on the top is the lighting. The brassy color around the part is real. The part has both lighter color and also lovely brassy crap!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Is there a reason the back of my hair is lighter than the front? It really is although the lighting here makes it even lighter than reality.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After freaking out about hair color. I decided to take a couple of days to evaluate. Washed hair twice and now hair is this incredibly ashy color. It looks like someone took a bunch of ashes from a fireplace and threw them on my head. Next time just set my hair on fire, it would look better!

Mom: "Well..........(long pause). I really like it" God bless Mom's. Of course at the mention of highlighting she jumps in to say "yes maybe a few highlights would help"

So I did something I have never done (and will probably never do again). But this was an emergency, practically a international crisis (Jordanian entourage give a big negative to the hair color change! "it is ok............your face is still beautiful ...................even if............... maybe............... your hair was better before". A bunch of charmers they are!!!!

WebCam vote:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So I ventured down the aisle of hair coloring, OMG. Do people really do this at home? I have never been so brave. But I look careful for something in highlights. Something with box directions that I feel I can comply with and not screw up too bad.

I decide about 9 pm to open the box after staring at it for a few hours. Now or never!

I wash my hair, then open the box to follow instructions. Instructions promptly say "Do not wash hair 2 days before applying" Well HELL! It did NOT say that on the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hair they show on the box was WET as the application of product occurred. Whatever. Keep going.


I managed to get a few strands of hair and put the goopy stuff on it with minimal mess. Leave for 20 minutes. Wash (3rd wash in 30 hours). I am thinking that is NEVER really a good thing.

I just went to bed with wet hair and decided to have the unveiling in the morning. I can always call in sick to work!

Results: it looks better, although the base color still looks like crap. Most of the highlights look ok and it does lighten it some. Although the front is still so much darker. HMMMMMMM.........

Consensus at work: those that mentioned it: they like it (of course these are people that are exposed to radiation every single day!!!!!!!). Those that didn't mention it: well you can hardly NOT notice the hair color change. They just kept mouth shut.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

P.S. why can't I find a digital camera that will take auto shots inside without BLURRING!!!!!!!

So.........this has to be fixed (the hair not the camera)...............I google "best hair salon in LR". I find it, call and have appt. tomorrow after work. It is very hard to get into this place, but I did manage to sound appropriately horrified at the status of my hair. I guess they felt sorry for me.

I am just hoping for a few highlights. Hopefully, the next picture you see will NOT be of my hair all falling out!

2 comments:

pixie said...

You are a brave woman to do highlights yourself. I'm terrified to touch my own hair!!!!!!!!!!

tamara said...

It was the desperation. I will hopefully never be in that situation again!