Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday

Right now I am watching CNN--NO POLITICS--but it is the Pope. I am not Catholic, nor do I necessarily agree with all the pomp and cirmcumstance. But I have to say that I hold Pope Benedict and the late Pope John Paul in very high esteem. I had the honor to see and hear this Pope in Rome in 2005. He was very impressive, speaking in many languages (he does sound like someone from Hogan's Hero's though!!). I have read some of his speeches (he writes all his speeches by himself) and they are insightful and timely. I really think he cares about the future of the Catholic Church and seems to take it seriously and personally. Listening to him talk, he is, I think, kindly telling his American flock to stop following the other stupid sheep and look to the Shepard. If I was Catholic I think that I might be well and truly chastised. Actually I feel well and truly chastised anyway, because alot of what he is saying is true!



And it's the Holy Father's birthday to boot! (I can't imagine him with a party hat BUT he had some pretty spiffy headwear going on earlier).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But the big question--- is he wearing those red shoes? I can't tell from TV.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Prada's??????

2 comments:

pixie said...

Haha, I'm watching it too! I'm not a Catholic anymore but I still find myself watching midnight mass every year. I'm still not too sure about this new pontiff. I really loved John Paul....

tamara said...

I was raised so far from Catholic. We were discouraged from wearing crosses so that we did NOT look Catholic!!!!

At the Vatican, there are all sort of elaborate and "out do the last Pope" kind of tombs, but underneath the Vatican is John Pauls tomb and it is so simple and elegant that it blows the others away. I think this was like his life.

However, I did not know much about Catholicism until this Pope and my trip to Italy with a Catholic!

And I always wear a cross, just because i can!