Friday, June 20, 2008

Alive and kickin', albeit a tad slower than the average bear

Thanks Pixie for checking up on me.

dog

I am good. I think that going back to work 4 days after the surgery instead of 6 weeks like I'm pretty sure was what the doctor expected, is the reason that I feel like crap.

Work is crazy. The s#1t is hitting the fan at work and conveniently splattering down upon all of us in the cath lab even though it does not really involve us. So working has been mentally awful and dragging around a 5 lb. cast is not helping. Except when threatening whiney-ass people with a whack up side the head.

cat

OMG I am watching Larry King and he is interviewing Motley Crew, and I feel so old because they were the first concert I ever went to (well except for Barry Manilow when I was like 14. That was back before all the plastic surgery, his not mine). But let me say in my defense, one of these guys looks 110 years old so he was at least in his 90's when I saw him. It is so painful that I can't watch it. I think they will be dragging out Pamela Anderson too. Too much for me.

So I get the cast off on Monday. Yeah. I have done nothing that would make me sweat because no one needs a funky cast aroma. So since it is 90+ degrees here, basically I come home, take benadryl and go to bed.

dog


So if anyone happens to get lost on their way to somewhere exciting and ends up in Little Rock instead, I would invite you to check out the Clinton Pres. Library (the building that looks like a double-wide trailer/manufactured home) for the American Premier (horns blaring) of "Breaking the Veils: Women Artists from the Islamic World". Tomorrow a Jordanian Princess (who is also an artist) will be hosting a "Coffee and Conversation" to start the whole thing. A friend was invited and she told me I could go in her place, but I am a bit clumsy with this cast and can imagine way too many international incidents occuring, so I chickened out. I asked Ahmad about her and he has no idea who she is. So there you are!


cat

2 comments:

pixie said...

Did you get the cast off?

tamara said...

Yes! I am very happy, but it does actually hurt some now.