Saturday, June 07, 2008

What I have done today

Not that anyone gives a care, but my day (actually yesterday) has been quite busy. It did not help that I wrote a big long blog and then somehow it did not save it, so I am a day late. Random pictures added....


1. worked 4 hours of OT which will help pay for my trip to Washington DC this July for the panda birthday party and visitation of sick and afflicted best pal.

cat

2. Came home to find hot air blowing from air conditioner. Tried to turn off air condition and found that OFF button was not working. Finally had to flip breaker to get it off. Called apartment and guy came out to fix (the first time!).

dog


3. CLEANED like crazy. Went through outside storage closet. Found lots of paint cans. Researched on web and found that you have to mix with cat liter prior to disposing. Put in cat liter and mixed. Finally just poured paint OVER the cat liter. Much more efficient!

puppies


4. Moved furniture, cleaned under furniture. Removed books from bookshelves and put on super duper wood protector. Cleaned closets and have lots of stuff for Church garage sale. Lots of Xmas stuff since I never actually put a tree or decorations up. Bookshelf minus the books.....



5. Why am I cleaning and being so housekeepery. I forgot to tell you that I am having arm surgery on Monday and will not be able to do much for a while. I will have a cast for a couple of weeks. The one-armed dustbunny!

puppies


6. Found 6 gold rings/pair of earrings/chain and egyptian cartouche (not my name). Took them to jewelry store and got $220 buckaroos.

7. Panic set in because cable was off and new episode of BBC's Robin Hood was about to come on. Luckily, cable came back, but 2 minutes before the show started, I suddenly smelled the worst burning smell EVER. I freaked out and started yanking plugs to figure out what was burning. When I ran into the living room, I realized the smell was all over the house. It was so intense I actually grabbed the fire extinquisher (which I have never done before). But then I tried to turn of the air conditioner and again it would not turn off. So I sprinted to the breaker and turned it off. Called the guy and told him to come in the AM. I had a fan and Robin Hood, I could make it!

funny dog pictures


8. Started reading "The Judas Strain" by James Rollins. Some of his books are bit out there, but this one is going to be very good I think.



9. Chatted with Ahmad.

10. Went to the Container Store for the first time. OMG, it was awesome. Look what I found.....for the luggage.

1 comment:

pixie said...

Wow, that was a hectic day!!! Oh, I'm so jealous!!! I want to go to the panda birthday celebration!!!:)Let us know how the surgery went.