Friday, September 08, 2006

Things that I have learned this week....

1. Do not call a friend to bring you medicine, then accidently pass out because you may wake up in the hospital wearing raggedy clothes and no makeup and having some stranger looking through your purse to find the next of kin number.

2. Not a good idea to keep afore mentioned event a secret from everyone even though you do not want your parents to find out what happened and freak out even more.

3. Do not go to the hospital if you are sick, because it does not make you feel any better.

4. Handling stress does not become easier with age, it is worse.

5. French fries are still the best comfort food.

6. Shutterfly 12x12 online scrapbooks are way more awesome than the Kodak ones that I have always done.

This is the shutterfly one:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is Kodak

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is comparison of size

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


7. A new panda was born at the Atlanta zoo to Lun Lun and Wang Wang or something like that. Totally did not know that was going to happen. http://www.zooatlanta.org/animals_panda_cam.htm

Unfortunately, the baby is the size of a stick of butter, so there will be nothing to really see until he/she gets bigger (about 1 month).


8. The Metropolitan Museum in New York has the most awesome Egyptian exhibit (via friends that went there over the weekend).

9. Temples and Tombs: Treasures of Egyptian Art from The British Museum debuts in the Oklahoma City Museum of Art September 7 through November 26, 2006. Hmmm, that sounds like a road trip. Maybe I can fly.

10. My cat is getting increasing psycho. This is the "I see something that is not really there" stare. Scary!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




He is extremely jumpy of late. He "saw"something on my pillow and made a hasty get away by way of my leg.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Of course, there was nothing actually on the pillow! Because if there HAD been something there I would have run the cat down trying to get away, especially if it was a spider.

However, this imaginary "something" was just because my cat is apparently hallucinating and is possibly on drugs behind my back. Maybe he is a closet catnip addict. He does not appear to be impressed with it otherwise. My leg really hurts and I probably should have cleaned it and put some medicine on it, but I thought that it would really hurt too much, so I just went to bed.

So I need some decorating assistance from anyone who has the slightest talent, which would be significantly more than me. I put up some of my pictures on this wall. The corner area, however, would not look good with more pictures. So...I thought that it needed something fabric..y. I have been looking at Hobby Lobby at these really cool throws that cost too much money. But today...50% off...YEA! So I bought this one. It is extremely heavy for a throw blanket.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





This is the wall/corner. Any ideas of how to hang/place this fabric up on the wall? It may be too heavy to anything with. They had thinner/shearer stuff that is supposed to used as a table runner, but I could improvise if needed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am not at all sure about that weird curly thing at the top of my wall. I think it may be too small for the effect. Anyway, I was thinking that the blanket could go in the corner somehow and maybe add some color to the wall since I can't paint the apt.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My house in kind of Tuscany/ancient Italy. I have lot of columns and the colors are mute purple, sage, and beige's. Plus I have lots of crosses here and there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have also been taking all my favorite 8x10's and putting them in a scrapbook. The whole reason I went to Hobby Lobby was to get scrapbook paper (less than $5) Ended up with a bill over $100. But it was 50% off! So that makes it a good deal. Anyway, I think it looks pretty good

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket has changed the way it resizes photos. So I resized every photo the same exact way, yet all the photos are different sizes. What is up with that?


4 comments:

gretchen said...

Is that last picture of THE white donkey of Petra?!?!?! You totally know that is still my favorite memory!

Katkoot said...

tack strip! For the rug I mean.

blehhhhh stupid hospitals. Also? Love the scrap books.

You know YOU should come and visit me at work because we only live like 3 hours apart, right??

Wednesday is the new day of school! And stupid stupid girl students with *#)(&)(&^ eyelashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

"My Big, Fat, Tuscan Wedding". lol. Just kidding! Love the decor. If that throw is symmetrical, I would consider getting an undetailed and thin curtain rod (you know the kind-with the decorative knobs on the end?) but I would hang this more at eye level. Let people see it's decorative beauty without function!

tamara said...

Gretchen: That may be the same one, I never thought of that. They were 2 different days. Hmmmm
Julianna: what exactly is tack strip? Is that a Home Depot thing?
Cairogal: That is a good idea! Thanks. I will sit and stare at the wall and ponder that. It is a really pretty throw.