Monday, May 17, 2010

bilateral crazy familitis Part 2

Things have been a bit crazy around here. I left off my last story sometime back. I will finish it in short form.

My uncle died, but not before his 2 sons came basically at the last minute. They wanted to wait until Easter (which was another week away), but we knew my uncle would not make it that long. They only live in Dallas!!

Anyway, the 2 sons and the daughter in law from hell arrived. Honey I have looked the devil in the eye when I met her for the first time. Whoa honey, she was something else.

She confronted me in the waiting room about what I wrote (the guys didn't mention it. Wusses). Anyway, while she proceded to tell me what a jerk my uncle was and what a horrible person he was, the rest of the waiting room looked on in shock. I was in my uniform and since this was my hospital, I had to keep my mouth shut. But she left little for me to say, she dug her own grave.

As my uncle lie in the ICU on a ventilator. His respiratory rate was in the 40's. He was struggling to breath even with the vent. He was not responding to much neurologically. So what do the cousins do? They enter the room and immediately begin complaining that they are not in the will.

And pretty much that was the topic of choice for their entire trip. His will goes to his wife, she has dementia therefore it goes to her power of attorney-her sons.

They then went to the house and wanted to sell everything and get the money. However, it does not belong to them. They were told to take their father's stuff and leave the rest. They tried several times to get other things but my Mom (the watchdog) prevented it except for a life insurance policy that "mysteriously" disappeared after they left.

SAD to have relatives like this. If I never see any of them again, it will be way to soon.

No comments: